Our question today about writing a message of sympathy for a family tragedy and it is from Margaret. She writes:
I need a suitable sympathy message for a friend who lost a daughter, son-in-law and two granddaughters in a fatal car accident.
My friend has just lost four members of her family in a devastating accident and I would like to enclose a sympathy poem or verse to give her comfort at this time.
Please can you help?
I am so sorry that your life has been touched by this tragedy. I am sure you will be a tremendous support to your friend during this difficult time.
There are many wonderful poems by a woman named JilChristy Dee. Having experienced tragic losses herself, she writes poetry to comfort grieving hearts.
I have not asked permission yet to reprint her poetry, but you can go directly to her website.
She has one poem in particular called, “We Didn’t Get to Say Good-Bye” that I think would be particularly suitable for your grieving friend.
You can find JilChristy Dee’s poems at www.funeralpoemsandreflections.com
Also, here are some sympathy verses you may want to use in a condolence card.
- May the peace which comes from the memories of love shared, comfort you now and in the days ahead.
- Words seem inadequate to express the sadness we feel. Please know that you are in our thoughts and prayers.
- Although no words can really help to ease the loss you bear, just know that you are very close in every thought and prayer.
- You have my deepest sympathies on the death of your uncle. Know that our hearts go out to you in your time of sorrow.
- I was deeply saddened to hear of your loss. My thoughts are with you and your family during this difficult time.
- We are deeply saddened by your loss. We will cherish the memories of the times we spent together.
- Lean on your friends for strength, and always remember how much you are cared about.
- As you comprehend this profound loss, let yourself cry knowing each tear is a note of love rising to the heavens.
- May the God of comfort help you during this difficult time and may the love of those around you help you through the days ahead.
I hope this helps.