When it comes to writing a message in a pet sympathy card. Here are a few things to keep in mind.
You should use the pet’s name, instead of referring to the pet as “your dog” or “your cat.”
Your message should be brief. Pet sympathy card messages can be a simple line or two about your favorite memory of the pet.
You might want to say something like, “I remember when you first brought Maggie home, she was such a cute puppy.”
You can also mention one of the animal’s positive or lovable traits, for example:
“Toby was a great friend.”
Some other pet attributes you might want to use are:
- a joy to be around
- a loyal companion
- a comforting presence
- a faithful friend
- a cheerful presence
Favorite Pet Sympathy Sentiments
Losing a pet is like losing a part of the family.
Please accept our sympathy.
To lose a true friend is never easy. Know that you’re in my thoughts.
Best friends come in all breeds. May you be comforted by the memories you have of Max.
At first they need us, and then we need them. Wishing you comfort and peace during this difficult time.
So many steps you took together… I am so sad for your loss.
Dogs come into our lives, leave paw prints on our hearts, and we are forever changed. With Sympathy, Jane
It’s hard to say goodbye to such a special companion. My thoughts are with you.
May fond memories of your beloved pet warm your heart always.
No greater companion, no better friend. Really sorry for your loss.
Dog Sympathy Card Messages
You can find our dog sympathy cards here .
It also is fine to use a general sympathy card or one that is blank inside. Here are some ideas to inspire you in writing your own sympathy message.
- There is a special bond between a dog and his owner. That relationship can be difficult to lose. I am sorry for your loss.
- I am so sorry you lost your friend.
- There will never be another one like him. With sincere sympathy.
- Life is too short for dogs. We get to watch them as puppies all the way through old age.
- It takes somebody special to make us care so deeply.
- Best friends come in all breeds. I’m sorry for your loss.
- A dog’s life is far too short. We get to watch them as puppies all the way through old age.
- I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad she lived a beautiful life with a wonderful owner.
Cat Sympathy Card Messages
You can find our cat sympathy cards here .
You can also just use a card that is blank inside and include your own condolence message. Here are some ideas:
- It is amazing how much you can miss a cat. I’m really sorry for your loss.
- Dogs may be man’s best friend, but cats are members of the family. Sorry for the loss of your family member.
- I pray your grieving and reflection eventually bring you solace and fond memories of your beloved cat.
- There will never be another cat like him. My condolences.
- I am so sorry for your loss. I am glad he lived a beautiful life with a wonderful owner.
- It takes a special cat to make us care so deeply and miss him so greatly.